Wednesday, May 28, 2008

TO OLIVE

Excerpts from a letter to Olivia:

Ashton, he's the one I think will have changed the most when I get back. So much fun to hear him on the phone! That's amazing that he'll sit so still listening to Maya's reading! And that the two aren't opting for recordings of The Suite Life. Does this happen often?

Soccer...we don't play it enough out here. Today it was ultimate frisbee & football. Not my top fav.'s, but FUN in the SUN!

Book of Mormon-I love it. I can't quite get my fill! I definitely will miss all the peace that we have to ponder & reflect. It's amazing how much more I pick up (or have picked up) on my current read-through. We're currently doing a BoM read as a mission! Oh! I started doing that activity! Only on ch. 11 of 1st Nephi!

Boy, I miss the design. I was way into the paisley thing. I tried to get Calvin to join in, but he doesn't share quite the same enthusiasm. I've been seriously debating switching majors, though I don't think I've got quite the talent for design. We'll see.

As for me... I think I'm finally getting very used to the system. Being Sr. is no fun. Especially when my Jr. is older than me in the mission. There have been no power struggles, but he makes little to no suggestions. His last two comps didn't like hearing his opinion, I have to force it out of him!

Being obedient is tough. I've been currently trying to purge the justified things, (like "P-day music" aka regular music.) Of course, it doesn't improve the companionship unity much when I ask him to just put in MoTab. I like MoTab. Elder Herrin isn't necessarily used to more strict obedience Then again, neither am I. But he grew up under the other president, who didn't care much what you did as long as you baptized. The new president is all about obedience, and I am no fan of a guilty conscience. BUT I don't want to become an obedience Nazi either. Advice? Experience?

No comments: