Wednesday, April 23, 2008

HE REJOICES WHEN I OBEY

FAMILY:

Oh boy...
The news from Mt. Vernon... Well, there's not too much so far. The town is very laid back. I find myself approaching each day in a similar manner. Though I love the lack of tension and stress, I find myself going about the day more sluggishly. I believe another factor is the lack of lessons we've seemed to have. It hkind of bums me out. Few things are more motivating to me than the spirit that remains and uplifts me after a lesson--successful or not. Thats when you know you're doing something.

I'm still trying to plant both feet on solid ground here in the area. We have an abundance of people we could tract. The amount of work is not bad at all. But there are so many other factors I have to keep in mind still - where we're going, who they are what there background is again, what we know about them, how to make my way in they're general direction. The roads, etc. So it's very hard to just focus on the people.

Sorry, by the way, I don't mean to sound less cheery, but I know that's kind of how it sounds. Inside I am surprised how happy I really am and very much at peace. I owe much of that peace-of-mind to my continued devotion to obedience. It's become hard, I won't lie! So many seemingly pointless or insignificant rules that many just pass over. It is always easy and justifiable to disobey those rules here and there but I have come to realize how the cake can look so delicious, I always feel sick afterwards and I wonder why it does, but I know all those little things matter to Him whom I love and serve. He rejoices when I obey. I can take the time for those little things, and I know I won't loose my reward.

So there is your spiritual thought.

I love you ALL, more than I can tell you. Every day brings more valuable and priceless memories. And like James Berry said, quoted by Thomas S. Monson two Conferences ago, "God gave us memories that we might have June Roses in the December of our lives."

Thank you for so many good memories!

If you think of any good ones, let me know!

Con mucho Cariño

Elder Juárez

P.S. Speaking of Flowers, The tulip festival is coming-up here! Someone Wikipedia "Mount Vernon."

No comments: