Friday, April 18, 2008

MT. VERNON, WA


Thursday, 10 April 2008
He heh... wait... okay, no it's probably been two days by now. Anyway, yesterday went great! We met more of the ward leadership yesterday, printed and copied the papers we usually stable to the backs of the pamphlets.

You should check out this area on Google Earth again. It's such a smaller town than the "city"-like area I was in before. It reminds me of the part of Provo around Timpanogos Old, small houses. I think I'll really end up liking the area. It's weird to be constricted to such a small area. ☻ Thankfully, because the city is small, the Value Village, Wal-Mart, and Safeway are all really close to each other!

So, here's the current breakdown of Spanish elders: There's quite a bit now!



Two more were called to speak Spanish, E. Herrin (my comp) and E. Ainscough. The dotted green are those that were called a transfer ago.

Wow! I just got back from P-day! It's a lot different up here landscape-wise. It's not really mountainous (I don't think Mt. Vernon is named after a Mt. Vernon around here.) It seems much more laid back and casual. I like it a lot. We played dodgeball today, then went out to "the rope swing". It was a huge (or long) rope swing in front of a member's house. We had to drive 15 min or so to get there, on a Provo-canyon-like road (though flat.) But it was the kind of stuff they just didn't have down in "Rothland" (the name of my old zone: Redmond, bOTHell, kirkLAND) It was tons o' fun.

We just came back from some outlets they have up here, we just stopped at a Vans outlet and I picked up a pair of new shoes! My poor Pumas had taken a beating and were very much worn out. They match my towel/bed spread. ☺ Oh! If you could actually send that comforter cover back, I would much appreciate it!

So that's all I have for now. My Spanish is better than I've really taken the tie to realize! Though, I know I can't slack off now. I know there are things I'm still doing wrong, but that are small enough to slip through the cracks. I want to be speaking as correctly as I can, though it's hard when I'm vomfortable enough to speak freely without much trouble. I feel very blessed to be able to speak as well as I can!

So querida familia, I am very happy, I am very happy! Much of the burden and stress of before seems lifted, and I am eager to work! Though I loved "the South" I don't think it will be long before I love it up here too!

¡SER EXCELENTE EL UNO AL OTRO!
WHOLE HEAPS OF LOVE,
ELDER SEAN!

No comments: