Friday, September 19, 2008

IN OUR MAILBOX TUES, SEP 17

Dearest Family,

THANK YOU THANK YOU for the package and most of all--the letters! I've been doing a lot better lately. I'm very happy and having fun. It's still challenging, of course, but I like the challenge. I've always preferred it that way--but sometimes it gets me into trouble. I bite off more than I can chew. :) Story of my life.

Anyway, as the story goes I was transferred here to Monroe. It's been nice so far. It's slowly growing on me. Admittedly, I haven't been with the area but I have no reason to dislike it.

My companions have been great. Elder Ainscough, (who was midnighted a week into the transfer), is from Denver, CO. He's a transfer older than me in the mission. He's a hard worker and we get along well. We have different styles of missionary work, but it's been good. I've already learned quite a bit. Elder Guillan has been lots of fun and we've had a great time. He's from Highland and spent lots of time in Provo so we're able to relate a bit. He knows a lot of the Provo Podcast people and spent lots of time at Velour and Gray Whale. He's been out three transfers or so, so about 5 mo. together, we make a pretty good team.

The work is going well too. We're teaching an older woman named Melody. (I think I may have mentioned her already.) Her baptismal date is Sep. 20. She's been doing well and the ward has been doing a fantastic job fellowhipping her! We're excited for her, and for the much-needed blessings she will receive for the good choices she's making. Aside from her, we've been teaching several Mexicans and tracting only in Spanish, looking for those elegidos who have been prepared to embrace the message. And most importantly (and difficultly,) come to church. We take our spanish-speaking investigators down to the Spanish ward in Bothell. It has been so cool and so much fun to see all the warm familiar faces! And to see recent converts still firm and active in the faith! One family and I talked about all the time in my Bothell days was Aymara and Victor. They needed to be married before they could be baptized, but Aymara needed a divorce from her ex-husband in Mexico. Well, though they still haven't been able to get it all worked out, they've still been coming to church each week! Their oldest son will be turning 8 soon and being baptized! I'm so happy for them and maintain the faith that the Lord will provide a way for them to accomplish the commandment to be baptized that he has given them. :0 (1 ne. 3:7)

Being a district leader has become a lot more fun lately, as I get the hang of the routine. I'm excited for this next transfer and the opportunity I'll have to help (in a greater capacity.) the Dlders in my district, especially the brand new ones.

So that's the current status on me, familia! The Lord has been blessing me in ways I never imagined. I am constantly humbled by the love and mercy he has for all his children. It is amazing how filling and satisfying it is to be feeling the Spirit so strongly so many times each day. I hope youa ll are continuing to invite that sustaining power into your lives on a daily basis also. I don't know how I ever survived on the spiritual equivalent of a pop-tart each day. I'm sure it was the constant nourishment I received from the love you all showed me, and I thank you for it. I wish those letters could communicate more of the love I have for you, but if they could, I don't think I could fit them in the envelope. :)

CON CARIÑO, ELDER SEAN

No comments: